Friday, August 17, 2012

Dad, Disney, Dehydration.

Today was my dad's 50th birthday, so to celebrate, we rented a boat. We visited three of the major islands that are off the coast of Dubrovnik, whether it was to swim or to eat. This amazing day was brought to you by the organizational powers of my mother, and our dear captain Matto. I ended up getting amazing pictures of the Croatian coastline, our entire group, and the breathtaking landscape of the island Šipan, so all together, the day was a pretty big check in the "win" column.
There was but one distraction: throughout the day, for periods of 10-15 minutes, I would get a random Disney song stuck in my head. Out of nowhere, Gaston's song from Beauty and the Beast pops into my head, or I catch a few bars of Nicki Minaj's Starships and all of a sudden, I'm humming Colors of the effing Wind (interesting side note: the only sign language I know is based on that song). Though this was a hurdle I struggled to overcome today, it was only a small bump in the road compared to the valley of perpetual sorrows we trekked through on Šipan.
If you'll recall my mom's friend Maria... As the only native Croatian we were in contact with at the time, we turned to her for advice on daily activities. She immediately recommended that we go to Šipan, have the boat drop us off at the first port, walk across the island, and leave from the second port. Full disclosure: the walk was beautiful and I'm so happy we did it. That said, it took us an hour, it was like a million degrees Celsius, and the sun was frying us like ants through a magnifying glass. Needless to say, a beer has never tasted as good as the jumbo one I ordered for lunch.
All in all, the day was a huge success. I'm too lazy to post pictures right now, but I'm working on a way to post a massive amount in one place... people keep recommending this website called Face Book? I'll check it out, but in the meantime, find me on MySpace

1 comment:

  1. What i do not understood is in truth how you are now
    not really a lot more neatly-preferred than you may be now.
    You're very intelligent. You already know thus considerably when it comes to this subject, made me for my part believe it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men are not fascinated except it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs great. Always handle it up!

    Here is my page :: garbage disposal maintenance

    ReplyDelete